How to easily and fast put a Sitemap on to your WordPress Blog.
( See image to the left)
To put all the links to all the posts and page of your blog manually on to one page would be quite a lot of work.
Luckily Dagon Design has created a plug in ( an add on) for worpress blogs that once installed does this automatically for you.
Installing and configuring this plug is is fairly simple:
1. Go to the plugins section on your dashboard
2. Go to add new
3. Type Dagon Design Sitemap Generator into the searchbox
4. Then chose the DDSitemapGen click install and activate.
5. Now under settings on your dashboard you will find DDsitemapgen amongst all your other plugins.
6. Click on DDSitemapGen to configure.
7. All you have to to is enter Sitemap in the field where it asks you for the site map page slug.
8. Next you need to create a new page
9. Title the page Sitemap with capital S
10. Choose the HTML editor mode
in the body of the page.
Save the page and you are done!
Wasn’t that nice and simple?
You had to work only this one time and from now on this plug in does it for you.
This is why I love wordpress.